Friday 2 January 2009

Hi all today has been busy to say the least. I had a hospital appointment today so took the kids to my mum for an hour or two. Actually turned into 4 because i decided to go shopping for some more arts and crafts things, birthday card for Marcus, Take That calender and of course some more books for me. Bought a great book on trying to live a self sufficient life, doubt i will be able to manage that but it has a section on allotments and we have one that needs a lot of TLC and time spent on it. i don,t have a great deal of time but it is great to pick your own veg that you have grown. Probably get this from my grandads and dad who all had allotments when i was growing up. When i was 10 we were lucky enough to move to the countryside and had an acre of land and grew a lot of our veg. this was the time of the miners strike and that veg was literally a life saver. I also remember cosy nights spent podding peas just the 4 of us, that is a great way to bring a family together. I hope my children will also have fond memories of this at the moment they all help out but i have to watch the little ones like a hawk because they wander into other people allotments picking things they shouldn,t. My grandad who was Polish had a small holding on his allotment and was nearly put of meat when he informed me i was eating my pet pig and i lost count of the amount of pet rabbits he ate. Still that was the way he was brought up and i suppose in the war that was the only way to get meat for your family. He was a great man very family orientated but loved his vodka, maybe thats where my sister gets it from (sorry Sam) I am more of a wine drinker myself.
Marcus is getting wound up about school again, he is finding the mainstream comp he attends very challenging to say the least and has for the last year been suffering from severe anxiety associated with school. This has led to him self harming which is very hard to deal with as noone wants to see there child so unhappy. We have CAHMS and parent partnership invoved now and are viewing a special school next week. Marcus really wants to be home educated as he really cannot tolerate any form of noise or hussle and busstle of school life. I am considering getting him signed of sick from school for a while, we have a team meeting on Thursday to discuss how we can help him, hope this will help, but he unfortunately puts on a brave face at school so they think he is coping. I can tell he is extremely anxious though and he has just said he is too scared to go to school as he feels he is in danger, he can,t expand any more than that but said he may not go to school even if i send him. i am at a total loss for what to do, feel lots more phone calls and forum visits coming on. He is at the moment playing on the Wii with Piers and Lydia so for now is calm.
Piers and Lydia have fallen asleep in the car again so yet another night of no sleep. I found Lydia reading a book at 2am this morning, I put her in with us and she chatted away till 02.30 and then i couldn,t sleep as i had no room. Oh well have celeb big brother to look forward to and then will watch my new Gavin and Stacey DVD so lots of laughs to get me through. Must now go and cook for my family although Nanna has filled them full of sweets so i doubt they will each much. Bye fro now.

No comments:

Post a Comment