Wednesday 7 January 2009

Hi all not had much time to write my blog just lately as have had a really busy time. The birthday went Ok after i had got them all up and ready to go out. We have relaxed a bit over the christmas holidays and my washing machine broke so i couldn,t find any ironed clothes to wear for anyone. When i had got that sorted out getting the monsters organised was another problem. I would just get one organised when another decided their was something they had to do there and then. By the time we got out time was geeting on. We went to out for a lovely meal and then to the cinema watched Madagascar 2 which i liked and so did the little ones. Marcus enjoyed his day out and liked his presents. The birthday cake wasn,t too bad and tasted great so anopther success I suppose. However i had made a spelling mistake on both his card and cake and i think i can home educate.
Marcus is so stressed about school that I have decided not to send him and am now looking into a special school but until I find him an appropriate placement he won,t be going back to his present school. So the last few days have been spent on the phone getting advice about how to get him into our chosen school and how to secure funding. We have been to look round a special school today Dawn House school in Mansfield and it is fantastic and really meets Marcus needs even my against special school parents loved it and Marcus was very positve about it, this in itself is a major breakthrough as Marcus is rarely positive about anything . We just have to convince the LEA to give us funding now for an out of area school. This is going to be a challenge but I will do it as his needs come first. We have a meeting at school tomorrow to discuss what has gone wrong and have jsut spoke to the SEN teal who are trying to convince me i should try to work through the difficulties at his school but it has gone beyond that now. Miles gave me a lovely compliment last night he said I was the best Mum in the world and that I was alwyas to willing to go that step further for the children, I think this is what any mother would do but he doesn,t agree and said i should be proud of myself. He actually made me cry. I am expecting this next year to be challenging and at times extremely tough but I am determined to secure a place for Marcus at Dawn House and if that means Home education till then then so be it. I am on nights tonight so my parents have taken Marcus back to their house so i can sleep after the meeting . I hope it isn,t too busy so i can get my head around what to say tomorrow. The other night was very busy but also enjoyable as i was on with a great bunch of people and we laughed the night away. The couple I looked after were also lovely and had a lovely baby girl. i really do have a fantastic job.
I am now going to get the twins from school and see what chaos they can cause, last night Lydia painted her face with water colour paints but she did this on my cream carpet and then she emptied a full tub of glitter all over the kitchen. Still at least she is willing to learn. Piers has no interest in learning at all and he got sent to bed after attacking Lydia.
Has anyone been watching celebrity big brother, i want Verne to win he is so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment